Our Market | Northwest Florida
Three Distinctive Demographics on the Gulf Coast
- 850,000 permanent residents within 1 hour drive to South Walton County.
- 35% growth rate since 2000 in Walton County, which is double Florida’s overall growth rate
- Walton County voted 5th for “Where America’s Money is Moving” by Forbes
- Destin area named in the top 10 “Recession Resistant Cities for Real Estate” by Forbes
- 60,000 second homes in the Northwest Florida region.
- Trade area benefits from year-round season.
- Multi-million dollar homes and developments continue to emerge throughout South Walton County including Seaside, Rosemary Beach and Alys Beach.
- Sandestin®-area secondary homeowners fall into the nation’s top wealth categories.
- Average Household Income for South Walton Visitors is $146,000.
- 32 Million visitor nights in Northwest Florida, serviced by 4 airports.
- Visitor expenditures in South Walton total more than $2 billion in economic spending and have a $3 billion economic impact annually, with dining and shopping expenditures topping the list, just behind accommodations.
- The average party size of visitors is 4-6 people with an average length of stay of 7 nights.
Northwest Florida | A Prestigious Location
Howard Group is located the heart of Florida’s Gulf Coast’s prestigious zip codes of Destin, Sandestin and 30A markets. This breathtaking region, known for its sugar-white beaches and emerald green waters, has become an oasis of affluent couples and families to both live and vacation. The mix of permanent residents, secondary homeowners and visitors provides a year-round season.
Located on Northwest Florida’s Gulf Coast, three of the local beaches have been recognized as the “Top 10 Beaches in the US” in February 2016 by Tripadvisor. Other accolades include “Best Beach in the United States” by USA Today readers and “Number One in the South” and “Favorite Family Vacation Destination” by Southern Living Magazine.
The success of the area is primarily due to two key factors – the breathtaking beaches and planned economic improvements. The development of the new state-of-the-art Sacred Heart Hospital & Medical Complex, critical road improvements and the service of 4 airports, including the Destin/Fort Walton area, Pensacola, Destin (private plane airport) and Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport.
- Northwest Florida is the second most popular drive-to destination in Florida, boasting 32 million visitor nights annually, with 10.2 million of those visiting nights occurring in South Walton County alone.
- Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast, located adjacent to Howard Group and Grand Boulevard at Sandestin®, serves an average of 7,000 patients per month with a wide range of medical and surgical services. Sacred Heart has the highest rating among hospitals in Northwest Florida and places in the top one percent of hospitals nationwide regarding the overall patient experience. The hospital recently added the Olson Women’s Diagnostic Center and the Family Birth Place.
- Due to active lobbying by Howard Group, the Florida DOT is committed to widening Emerald Coast Parkway to six lanes from Silver Sands Premium Outlets west to Destin.
- The Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport features four major carriers, including Southwest Airlines, Delta Airlines, United Airlines, and Silver Airlines. Direct flight are offered to a number of major markets including, Atlanta, Dallas, Baltimore, Houston, Nashville, Orlando, St. Louis and Tampa, Florida.
- Nearby beach draws die-hard discount shoppers from distant outlet centers in Atlanta and Birmingham.